Escape and ventilation hatches
The hatch can be opened through 180° and there are virtually no obstructions in the hatch opening. Like other VETUS hatches, the MAGNUS range can be opened from inside or outside the boat. They can also be left locked; either completely watertight or in a ventilation position.
The frame profile is satin sheen anodized. The acrylic has a thickness of 10 mm and the colour is “dark smoke”.
The aperature dimensions (cut-out sizes) of MAGNUS hatches conform with many of those that are current in the market.
- Friction hinges keep the hatch open in any position
- Can be opened through 180°
- Acc. to the RCD appliance location area I, design category A
VETUS hatch handles have a number of advantages
- The hatch can be opened from either inside or outside
- The hatch can be shut completely watertight, or secured with a small air gap to allow permanent ventilation
- An internal locking mechanism ensures the hatch cannot be opened from outside when the boat is left unattended. This operates in both the closed or ventilation positions
- The low external profile ensures that ropes, e.g. running rigging on sailing boats, cannot foul on the handles